Tuesday 4 September 2012

New glasses


I got myself some fabulous new glasses after Nazilla asked on twitter for glasses wearers. She runs http://www.lillaloves.com/ and really is the nicest girl! I love her blog.

So after asking me a couple questions on my blog she sent me a code enabling me to get any pair of glasses from the selectspecs economy range, the code covered a pair of glasses up to the price of £22.50 and the £4 delivery price.

As most, if not all, glasses wearers will know, getting new glasses is great, it's fantastic putting that new pair on  and feeling fabulous. However, picking that new pair of glasses is not so much fun! I ummed and aaahed over many many pairs, very nearly picking an almost identical pair to the ones I already have but I finally decided on this pair.

It does't help that my prescription is ridiculous! Short sighted in one eye and long sighted in the other. Makes getting glasses a nightmare! Takes weeks for them to put them together. I go this pair within a week of placing the order. Amazing!




I ruddy well love these! Purple, check. Marble effect, check. Sparkly bits, check. Love them!For years now I've stuck to wearing chunky frames, I don't think thin or wire frames suit me at all. Plus I like making a bit of a statement when it comes to my eyewear.

I don't really know what else to say about these really, I just love them! I definitely recommend checking out selectspecs if you wear glasses. The prices range from £6 in the Value collection all the way up to £70 in the Platinum collection. I'll definitely be purchasing some more glasses from this site when I have the money spare. I love having multiple pairs of glasses, different ones for different moods!



Above pictures are just to show you the difference between old glasses and new ones :)

Do you wear glasses? How bad is your eyesight? Have you tried selectspecs before? Do you think you will now if you haven't?

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. ah lovely post! i used to wear glasses before moving to contacts and i remmeber that feeling of getting new glasses, i still have some for if my eyes get tired so next time i need a new pair i will go here! i love the arms, they look like celtic patterns or something :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I like! I'm needin new glasses & those prices are so reasonable - think I'll be popping over to the site to have a wee look Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your new pair of glasses is way better than your old one! I think the shape of the frame matches well with your face. And, the purple color with the marble effect gives you a vibrant look coupled with sophistication. What’s important though is that you’re comfortable with your glasses, and you’re not having a difficult time adjusting to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be hard to walk around without glasses, what with the conflicting grades of your eyes. Don’t you get dizzy when you try getting around without glasses?

    I myself am as blind as a bat without my glasses. I am extremely nearsighted, and I can’t read anything held up a few feet in front of me, which makes me quite dependent on my glasses when I’m driving.

    Augusta @ KleinOptical.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'm very thankful! I try to reply to all the comments left but if you need a quicker answer, tweet me @ivorysmoke or email me at alana.m.mullen@gmail.com