Sunday 7 October 2012

Rimmel bundle


Hello bloggers! I'm back and I have a few posts lined up, the first of these being this wee Rimmel bundle I found in TK Maxx for £7.99 the RRP being over £20!

The items are Glam'Eyes Lash Flirt volume and lift mascara in shade 001 Black, Moisture Renew lipstick in shade 690 Mocha Cream and Glam'Eyes Quad Eye Shadow in 023 Beauty Spells.

So I've not had the chance to try out these out yet so this is just my first impressions and I also have to apologise for the pictures, camera was not playing ball today!


I've said before in this post that I'm still not sure which colour lipstick to go for but I've managed to buy a shade that's quite similar to the UNE. So I must be starting to like browny/reddy tones at least (nothing beats a nice red lip however, that will always be my favourite)


So the shade isn't identical to the UNE lipstick from the linked post but they are similar enough that I thought of it as soon as I opened the Rimmel lipstick. It feels quite soft and creamy, so I'm assuming it will be quite nourishing on the lips.




I fell in love with this mascara as soon as I opened it! I'm such a fan of bristle brushes, I feel like they coat my lashes so much better and you get more life from them as there are usually those 'de-clumpers'? that get rid of excess product. 

The bristles on this brush are actually different sizes, as you can see from the two pictures. Longer bristles below and shorter ones above, I'm hoping this means all my lashes get evenly coated. I'm really looking forward to trying this!






I love the colours in this quad but this picture is doing it no justice whatsoever! Starting at the top and working clockwise, the colours are grey, a light lilac, black and a darker purple. All the colours have a slight shimmer to them, the blacks beings more obvious looking.

There is a little guide on the back of the palette, giving the shades colours and then with a picture of an eye, showing you how to apply the colours. There are two looks given on the back called Subtle (using only 2 shades) and London (using all four shades). I'll give both a look but I'm not really one for subtle eye makeup.

All in all, I'm really pleased with this bundle and I can't wait to try all the things! Usually if I get groups of things like this there is at least one thing I'm not sure about but not this time! With a saving of more than £20 as well, that's just the icing on the cake!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'm very thankful! I try to reply to all the comments left but if you need a quicker answer, tweet me @ivorysmoke or email me at alana.m.mullen@gmail.com