Monday 20 August 2012

Dove Nourishing Oil Care


So I don't even remember applying for this but I must have done as it came through my letterbox. I wasn't too thrilled to be honest, my hair and anything to do with oil is not a good mix! (Why would I have applied for this?! Silly Alana)



I gave the conditioner the benefit of the doubt anyway and during my last shower used it. The past few weeks, I've not been using conditioner as I've realised my hair goes greasy too quickly if I use it. But I thought I would try this anyway. It smelled lovely and did make my hair feel soft, for a bit. That's where the good points kinda end. After my hair feeling soft for a bit, it just felt sort of limp and lifeless then went very greasy. I only used the tiniest amount as well!



I think I'll just stick to using my Palmolive anti-dandruff shampoo and leave out conditioner until I can find a fabulous one that gives my hair some oomph or ooh la la.

I didn't really want to write this review as it's so negative but then I realised, what's the point in having a blog just filled with products I love?! Not every product is going to work for me, so it's best I say that.

Seeings as I only used this once on my hair and this wee swatch, I'll probably be giving this away. No point in it going to waste. So watch this space!

Have you tried this and did it work for you?

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I got this to try as well, funnily enough tonight! :) I dye mine (the grey gives my age away!) so it might be good for my drier hair x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'm very thankful! I try to reply to all the comments left but if you need a quicker answer, tweet me @ivorysmoke or email me at alana.m.mullen@gmail.com