Sunday 29 July 2012

Florals for a fiver



How gorgeous is this dress?! I've never really worn much yellow, never thought it suited me but as soon as I tried it on, I fell in love with it!

From the picture the dress looks like a really mellow yellow, sunny kind of colour but in reality it's more of a lemon yellow. Very bright! Looking at pictures online, it seems to be showing up mellow is pretty much all the pictures. I love the skinny purple belt that comes with the dress, I usually choose to wear a broad belt as I am a tad self concious of my weight/size but with this dress, the skinny goes great!

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know I probably will be) but it's a pleated skater dress/ sun dress. It has a lining under that is about an inch or two shorter than the actual dress and the dress is made of polyester.

I know I'm chancing it by getting such a summery dress but I just couldn't resist it! I love that it covers my chest but I still have a bit of decollage on show. As my mother just said, you don't always have to have the box office on display. Love my mammy so I do! Unfortunately due to the size of my chest and probably my hips too, I had to buy a size 20.

The length is great as well. In between my hips and my knees. I'm wearing it with leggings just now but if I was feeling brave I could go with nothing underneath it. I wont be that brave for a while though!

The dress is from Primark and it was in the sale so it only cost a fiver! Chuffed with that, thanks mammy!

Have you bought anything in the sales yet? 



Photobucket


5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the dress!!! very summery and cheerful;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely summery dress in a gorgeous colour, and a great price :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. that dress is gorgeous! love the floral print <3
    your blog is amazing by the way :)

    I awarded you on my blog with the "Liebster Award"
    You can check it out if you're interested :)

    hope you have a fab day hun! ~ xx
    Chriissydollxo's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. One entry two blogs awards lol I have passed on the Vesatile blogger award to you, find out more here http://unevenlemmingbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/versatile-blog-award.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya hun! I have nominated you for a blogging award I hope you will enjoy passing it on :-)

    much love xxx

    http://allaboutbethan.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/28-laine-blogger-award-d.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'm very thankful! I try to reply to all the comments left but if you need a quicker answer, tweet me @ivorysmoke or email me at alana.m.mullen@gmail.com